Social Intelligence is More Than a Social “Like”
Following in the wake of over-used business terms like “synergy”, “core competency” and “empower”, the term “social” seems to be everywhere these days. And people apply it to nearly everything. Here is a quick snapshot to help you distinguish various social offerings.
- Social studies is the integrated study of the social sciences, humanities and history.
- Social media are computer-mediated technologies that facilitate the creation and sharing of information, ideas, career interests and other forms of expression via virtual communities and networks.
- Social Distortion is an American punk rock band best known for Ball and Chain and their cover of the Johnny Cash song Ring of Fire.
- Sociologist is an expert in or student of the development, structure, and functioning of human society.
- The Social Network is a 2010 American film portraying the founding of social networking website Facebook and the resulting lawsuits.
- Social like is a clickable icon or action that indicates a person’s approval for a piece of content or post.
- Social Intelligence is the ability to understand and manage emotions and behavior for personal and organizational success.
Play a Game, Win a Free SOCIAL STYLE Book
If you can identify the correct number of unique social terms in the above wordcloud, we’ll send you a free copy of The Versatility Factor book, which explains the power of SOCIAL STYLE and Versatility. Email your answer by August 15. We’ll award up to five copies of the book.