TRACOM Policy on Data and Privacy
TRACOM has a strong commitment to protect the rights and privacy of every person who participates in our services. TRACOM never sells, leases, or rents personal data to anyone.
The TRACOM Group delivers assessment and training services to our clients. In the course of delivering these services, we periodically gather research data (“Assessment Data”) on organizations and people. We regularly analyze the Assessment Data, and the results are used by TRACOM and occasionally published in summary form in reports designed for general circulation. The organizations and individuals who participate in our assessments and training programs represent valuable sources of research data. The information we collect from them is stored in our electronic databases and may become a part of research studies. Our data use policy is guided, in part, by the American Psychological Association’s Ethical Principles of Psychologists and Code of Conduct (current version 2002). The following safeguards and policies apply to our use of Assessment Data:
- Assessment Data (i.e., scale scores) collected about or from an individual as part of an assessment and/or training program are shared with and explained to that person.
- Assessment Data collected about or from an individual is considered confidential by TRACOM. Individuals receive feedback on assessment instruments only from feedback specialists (e.g., training instructors, feedback facilitators). Only authorized personnel (e.g., TRACOM program administrators and facilitators, client/associate program administrators and feedback facilitators) have access to Assessment Data. However, once feedback reports have been delivered to program participants or third party feedback facilitators, these materials are no longer within the control of TRACOM.
- Periodically, we publish research results in reports and articles which may include or be based on Assessment Data. Individuals are never identified in these reports. Specific organizations are identified only if we receive prior written approval from the organization.
- Some Assessment Data are stored in our databases. They become a part of our norm group, containing thousands of scores, against which individual scores are determined. Access to such databases is strictly controlled.
- Assessment Data may be used for internal research or other business purposes by TRACOM or its affiliates.
- Assessment Data may be disclosed to third party contractors employed by TRACOM who are bound by confidentiality requirements with respect to such information.
- In the event of an asset sale, merger, consolidation, restructuring, reorganization, liquidation or other similar transaction involving TRACOM, we may transfer some or all Assessment Data to the successor company.
- We may disclose Assessment Data when we believe such disclosure is required by law or for the protection of persons or property.
Delivery of Email
TRACOM offers a variety of newsletters and other educational resources. We regularly distribute this information by email to a database of subscribers and customers. All email communications comply with U.S. and international laws regarding such communications. Individuals who wish to manage their subscriptions or be removed from TRACOM’s email distribution lists can do so using our email preference page.
Protection of Intellectual Property
TRACOM fully supports protection of intellectual property rights including copyrighted material and trademarks. We attempt to accurately credit all property rights holders and ask others to do the same. If you have a question or comment about intellectual property, you can contact us via phone or email. Infringement of TRACOM property will result in legal action as necessary.